What is Super Multi-Drills Mod
Super Multi-Drills Mod adds the multi-functional drills to your game.
Multi-Drills are effective on anything a pickaxe or shovel would be able to mine. And with a non-expensive upgrade, they are able to work on wooden materials. Moreover, they can also be used as a good melee weapon. All customization is done with ordinary crafting.
By default, the energy consumption when mining a block depends on the hardness of the block, the drill head material, and the level of the Efficiency enchantment on the drill. The formula can be changed in the config file. There are also some unused variables, such as the level of Silk Touch and Fortune. The config file contains a full list of variables you can use.
Drills require four components to craft: a head, a motor, a battery, and a chassis. There are recipes that use components from a couple of different mods, with fallback vanilla recipes if no compatible mods are detected.
- Head – Affects mining speed, energy efficiency, and attack damage. Can be made from a wide variety of metals and gems.
- Motor – Affects the harvest level and mining speed. There are three tiers, with the harvest level and mining speed multiplier of each being configurable.
- Battery – Affects the energy capacity (configurable, five tiers). Charge level is retained when crafting.
- Chassis – No effects, just pick your favorite color!
- Craft an existing drill with new parts to swap them out. The old parts are even returned to you! Maybe you could carry a spare battery?
- Use the material of a drill head (such as an ingot or gem) to change the appearance of the head without changing its stats.
- Use dyes to change to chassis color without crafting a new chassis.
- Drill Upgrades add additional effects, usually enchantments. The Saw upgrade allows your drill to harvest anything an axe can, in addition to what it can normally mine. Area Miner allows you to mine a 3×3 area (disabled by sneaking). The Graviton Generator will eliminate the mining speed penalty for flying or being underwater.
For crafting recipes, JEI would be a lot of help.
Super Multi-Drills Mod Review:
Super Multi-Drills Mod installing instruction:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge
- Download the mod.
- Head to %appdata%.
- Head to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and put the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- If it does not exist, you can create one.