What is Sonic Ether’s Unbelievable Shaders Mod (SEUS)?
This mod is a “mod of a mod” (original mod created by daxnitro: GLSL Shaders) that makes your Minecraft look simply unbelievably good! Take a gander.
Sonic Ether’s Unbelievable Shaders overhauls nearly everything about the game’s graphics. With this shader pack, water looks clear and fluid, plants look alive and seem to sway back and forth as if they were breathing, and nighttime feels even spookier than ever. Certain aspects about vanilla have connected textures, but those pale in comparison to Sonic Ether’s shaders. Bodies of water, whether small or huge and open, look like a uniform piece–just like they do with real bodies of water. On a windy day, trees and tall grass will dance back in forth in the breeze, and Sonic Ether’s shaders incorporate that sense of animation.
The lighting is quite possibly this shader pack’s greatest virtue. The stale, bleak light offered in vanilla does not give a sense of atmosphere like they do in this shaders pack. In fact, most of the light sources in vanilla seems as though the be the same. Yellow light is quite easily the most common, seen from torches, glowstone, lava, fire, and the sun. With this shader pack, color is reintroduced and reborn with each and every light source.
Readmore: Shader pack seus
Torchlight looks absolutely different from moonlight, just as it should. To add to this, shadows are heavily implemented as well. Something even as small as grass on the ground can cast a vibrant and deep shadow, perfectly matching up to the sun’s location of course. Daylight is crisp and bright, striking a noticeable difference from the pale light of the moon or torches while in a cave. If all of the game’s lighting features seem the same, Sonic Ether’s shaders is a vibrant way to shake that up.
- Variable Penumbra Soft Shadows.
- Proper rendering of transparent objects.
- Proper light absorption through stained glass.
- Stained glass colored shadows.
- New volumetric clouds.
- New water rendering.
- Water caustics.
- Crepuscular rays.
- Improved GI
- Vastly improved shadow and GI render distance.
- Automatic exposure adjustment based on average brightness.
- More natural/realistic lighting values.
- Atmospheric scattering.
- New BRDF for diffuse and specular lighting.
- Spider/Enderman eyes no longer look glitched.
- 1. Download the latest version of the GLSL Shaders Mod from here : http://azminecraft.info/glsl-shaders-mod-minecraft/
- 2. Download and install the GLSL Shaders Mod
- 3. Download a SEUS shaderpack from the Downloads section above.
- 4. The .zip file that you download is in proper shaderpack format. Simply copy the .zip file to your .minecraft/shaderpacks folder.
- 5. Select the shaderpack you installed from the Options > Shaders menu in Minecraft.
The Shaders Mod requires a bit of configuration and knowledge to use properly. This mod is used to power “shaderpacks” and is useless without them.
Sonic Ether’s Unbelievable Shaders is the only officially supported shaderpack because it is developed in tandem with the Shaders Mod itself. Most, if not all, other shaderpacks out there are derived from my work. Use SEUS if you want the newest and most efficient shader technology. Scroll down to the Sonic Ether’s Unbelievable Shaders section of this post to download.
To use a shaderpack, follow these instructions.
1. Navigate to your .minecraft folder (google is your friend if you don’t know how to do this).
2. Create a new folder called shaderpacks (without capital letters).
3. Place the shaderpacks you wish to use in this directory.
4. Valid shaderpacks include .fsh and .vsh files that the Shaders Mod reads to tell your GPU what to do during runtime. These files must be in a folder named shaders within any shaderpack. Shaderpacks may either be uncompressed folders or .zip files.
The following is an example of the file layout possibilities for the shaderpack Sonic Ether’s Unbelievable Shaders v10.0 Ultra
.minecraft/shaderpacks/SEUS v10.0 Ultra/shaders/[.fsh and .vsh shader files here]
.minecraft/shaderpacks/SEUS v10.0 Ultra.zip/shaders/[.fsh and .vsh shader files here]
If this layout is not respected, your installed shaderpacks will not work. This is the first thing you
should check if your game looks like vanilla Minecraft.
5. In Minecraft, go to Options > Shaders. Here you will see a list of your currently installed shaderpacks. Select a shaderpack by clicking on it. Also, ensure that New block breaking is set to true.
6. Switching between some shaderpacks will cause errors. This is something that I am working on. In order to get rid of these errors, simply restart Minecraft.
Once the mod is properly installed, there are a few things you can do to ensure maximum performance.
- Run the game in a smaller resolution in full-screen
- Lower your render distance. SEUS is optimized for “Short + 16″.
- Toggle “Options > Video Settings > Performance > Smooth FPS:”. “ON” gives more responsive input and more steady fps, but likely lower maximum FPS.
For all versions v10 (Supports everything from Minecraft 1.5.2 to Minecraft 1.11.2)
For all versions v11 (Supports everything from Minecraft 1.5.2 to Minecraft 1.10.2 and 1.12)
The post Sonic Ether’s Unbelievable Shaders Mod (v11.0) – SEUS appeared first on Downloads Minecraft mods,Resource Packs,Texture Packs,Skins,….