What is Soft Hardcore Mod
The boredom of vanilla Minecraft and had urged you to seek for more challenges in hardcore modes. However, after receiving hundred of wounds and get hurt from the hardcore mode, you return to survival and again it disappoints you with its easiness. You will need something in between and Soft Hardcore Mod will be the finest option.
With Soft Hardcore enabled, you lose one heart of your max health on death. After you have lost all your hearts, you can no longer interact with your world except for flying around and opening doors etc. If you want something less permanent, you can enable a sickness mode instead, which will just respawn you with some nasty debuffs. To regain your health, you have to craft a Heart of Regeneration and infuse it three times with 10 XP levels. In addition, the mod also tweaks the strength of mobs to give it a bit harder for you.
The mod features a config file with a lot of difficulty options. You can modify every core mechanic of this mod to fit your personal preference.
- Death reduces your maximum health by one heart.
- To regain lost health craft a Heart of Regeneration using expensive items and XP.
- Strong mobs have a chance to stun you for a short time.
- Every creature does extra damage.
- Highly customizable to fit your needs!
Have the mod and enjoy!
Soft Hardcore Mod Review:
Soft Hardcore Mod installing instruction:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge
- Download the mod.
- Head to %appdata%.
- Head to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and put the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- If it does not exist, you can create one.