What is Silent’s Gems Mod
Silent’s Gems Mod adds 32 new gemstones (12 in earlier versions) to the game. They could be used to create a wide range of building blocks and more importantly, tools.
The tools are highly modular: you can build a single tool out of multiple types of gems (and other things). That parts that are used to make up the tool will decide its stats. After building a tool, the way it looks can be changed later without the need of changing the stats. Many higher tier tools also have special abilities that run on a type of energy called ‘Chaos’.
Other blocks and items of note include modular armor, lamps, teleporters (powered by Chaos), enchantment tokens (which allow enchanting without randomness, but costing valuable materials), the torch bandolier (stores 1024 torches in a single slot), and more!
- Tools: Craft a nearly limitless variety of swords, katanas, magic scepters, pickaxes, shovels, axes, and more!
- Armor: Modular, like tools. Can be decorated (models WIP) and can provide more protection than diamond armor.
- Blocks: Bricks, lamps, teleporters, and more!
- Enchantment Tokens: Invest your resources to enchant tools, instead of XP! They should work with most other mods.
- Chaos Gems: Somewhat like reusable potions, but you can also use them to fly! Finally returned in 2.2.x!
- Return Home Charm: Return to a set point from anywhere, even across dimensions!
Crafting a Paxel
Paxel with Tooltip
Chaos altar and pylons
Silent’s Gems Mod Review:
Silent’s Gems Mod installing instruction:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge
- Download the mod.
- Head to %appdata%.
- Head to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and put the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- If it does not exist, you can create one.