What is Signal Catcher Mod
Signal Catcher Mod catches the SIGTERM, SIGINT and SIGHUP signals and uses them to provide a clean shutdown.
Let’s imagine the situation when you are running a dedicated server, and you press Ctrl+C. This results in the shutting down of the server, however, it’s not cleanly. It causes the terminal to send SIGINT to the Java runtime, which will immediately terminate all running code, even in the middle of updating on-disk data. Of course, there is a mechanism to address this issue but because not literally every mod does so correctly, this has the potential to corrupt your world.
This is when Signal Catcher Mod steps in. The mod overrides this behavior, triggering a clean shutdown as if you had typed stop into the terminal.
The signals it handles are:
- SIGTERM: “Terminate”. This is what kill/killall send.
- SIGINT: “Interrupt”, Ctrl+C as mentioned.
- SIGHUP: “Hangup”. This is sent if the controlling terminal is itself killed, e.g. if you run Minecraft directly under SSH and lose your connection.
This mod has little effect client-side, but it’s safe to leave it in on both sides.
Have fun and enjoy your new mod and report any issue you may have when playing the mod.
Signal Catcher Mod Review:
Signal Catcher Mod installing instruction:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge
- Download the mod.
- Head to %appdata%.
- Head to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and put the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- If it does not exist, you can create one.