What is Scannable Mod
Scannable Mod adds to your game a scanner item that can survey the nearby area for player’s points of interest. Scan results are visualized for a short while in a clean and readable manner, either as in-world highlights or appropriately positioned overlays. The shown result will depend on the modules in the scanner. Up to three modules may be installed at the same time. Default modules include:
- animal detection (e.g. cows, pigs)
- monster detection (e.g. zombies, creepers)
- entity detection (configurable to a specific entity)
- common ore detection (e.g. coal, iron)
- rare ore detection (e.g. gold, diamond)
- fluid detection (e.g. water, lava)
- block detection (configurable to a specific block)
- structure detection (e.g. villages) (MC 1.11+ only!)
- range booster
Unless being disabled in the config, the scanner will act as a chargeable item, using the Forge energy API. The energy consumed for each scan depends on the modules installed in the scanner. The scanner can be recharged in any charger mod block that is compatible with the Forge energy API.
In case you are wondering about the lagging issue when installing the mod on server, well, the server does none of the actual scanning computation, so using the scanner cannot lag servers (clients will always respect server settings though). So enjoy!
Scanning the Nether
Scannable Mod installing instruction:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge
- Download the mod.
- Head to %appdata%.
- Head to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and put the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- If it does not exist, you can create one.
Download Scannable Mod
For Minecraft 1.11: updating…
For Minecraft 1.10: updating…
For Minecraft 1.9.4: updating
For Minecraft 1.9: updating…
For Minecraft 1.8.9: updating…
For Minecraft 1.8: updating…
For Minecraft 1.7.10: updating…