What is ReactorCraft Mod
ReactorCraft Mod is a small Minecraft Mod that adds to your game of Minecraft realistic nuclear reactors, both fission and fusion.
The mod works depending on the main mod: RotaryCraft Mod. Without the main mod, ReactorCraft Mod will not work.
Here are some of the ways in which realism is simulated:
- The physics is simulated in such a way as to reflect reality, including real values for energy creation per reaction
- The reactors (a large multiblock) have to be built in a way that reflects real reactors, with strategic placement of fuel rods, control rods, and other reactor core components
- Realistic reactor behavior in the event of poor design, including possible meltdowns, hydrogen explosions, and radiation leakage
- Realistic (though obviously simplified) control systems to manipulate control rods, feed fuel, and the like
- The fuel is created realistically – including enrichment – and used realistically; users must manage things like spent fuel pools.
Note: Due to internal game mechanics, active fission reactors in unloaded chunks risk a meltdown. Use chunkloaders or shut down your reactors as necessary.
ReactorCraft does add ores out of necessity.
- Fluorite: Spawns in the overworld between layers 32 and 60. Relatively common, and exists in several colors.
- Pitchblende: Spawns in the end, mushroom islands, and the twilight forest. The latter two types generate between layers 8 and 24. Fairly rare.
- Cadmium: Spawns in the overworld between layers 12 and 32. About as common as gold.
- Indium: Spawns in the overworld between layers 0 and 16. Rare.
- Silver: Spawns in the overworld between layers 16 and 40. About as common as gold. Can be disabled if other mods with their own silver are present.
- Ammonium Chloride: Spawns in the nether around lava pools at layer 32. Moderately rare.
- Calcite: Spawns in the overworld between layers 32 and 60. Tiny amounts spawn together, but clusters are common.
- Magnetite: Spawns in the overworld between layers 60 and 128. Fairly common.
Like RotaryCraft, ReactorCraft Mod has a craftable handbook:
ReactorCraft Mod Review:
ReactorCraft Mod installing instruction:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge
- Download the mod.
- Head to %appdata%.
- Head to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and put the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- If it does not exist, you can create one.