What is Quester API Mod
Quester API Mod is a modding “sub-API” (an API for an API) that will allow Forge modders add in quests to the game easily without the need to create their own system.
Quests must inherit from the **QuestBase** interface, which you can then add to the **IForgeRegistry.Register<QuestBase>** event to register a quest.
efore modloader preinit of forge, the quests will be loaded into the system, which they will then be stored in sets to keep them cached until the world’s construction .
During the world construction, the *quests.data* file will be read from, if it doesn’t exist, it’ll be created, through kotlin.
During the game, the player tick event will be checked if any of the currently incomplete quests have been triggered, which return a boolean value, which that value will be checked if true, which will then move that quest to the completed set, and then the *quests.dat* file will be updated.
Changes as of late:
- Started the mirgration to kotlin
- Rewrote the entire API to be smaller, and to write to a file rather than save to NBT (See *Reasons for NBT Deprecation*)
- Replaced registry system with reflection and the use of forge’s IForgeRegistry to register all quests, and by using the IForgeRegistry.Register<QuestBase> event.
Quester API Mod Review:
Quester API Mod installing instruction:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge
- Download the mod.
- Head to %appdata%.
- Head to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and put the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- If it does not exist, you can create one.
Download Quester API Mod
For Minecraft 1.11.2: updating…
For Minecraft 1.11: updating…
Minecraft 1.10.2: updating…
For Minecraft 1.10: updating…
For Minecraft 1.9.4: updating
For Minecraft 1.9: updating…
For Minecraft 1.8.9: updating…
For Minecraft 1.8: updating…
For Minecraft 1.7.10: updating…