What is ObsidiPlates Mod
ObsidiPlates Mod is a Minecraft mod that brings to your game pressure plates that can only be activated by either players or NPCs regarding of what they are made of.
The mod was originally created as a surprise for Jadedcat as it implements (using original code) a concept she missed from Better Than Wolves (which is why the primary plates uses obsidian, specifically).
Up to this version, ObsidiPlates Mod features 5 plates:
- Mossy Pressure Plates: made with mossy cobblestone, instead of obsidian, can only be activated by NPCs.
- Silent versions: made by crafting an Obsidian or Mossy Pressure Plate over a block of wool, disables the clicking sound.
- Shrouded versions: made from Noisy or Silent, Obsidian or Mossy Pressure Plates, by alternating nether quartz and glowstone dust around the plate in the crafting grid, makes them almost entirely transparent.
How it works:
All plates are a type of switch that can be placed onto the surface of a block. If you connect them to an object by wire (or placed adjacent to a block that can be powered), it will provide power to that object or block when stepped on by a player (or NPC, if a Mossy Pressure Plate) and will stop when stepped off.
As opposed to wooden and stone pressure plates, Obsidian Pressure Plates will not respond to items or NPCs and Mossy Cobblestone Plates will not respond to items or players.
Silent versions of these plates make no sound.
Shrouded versions of these plates are see-through.
Silent Shrouded plates can only be be crafted as silent first then adding shrouded last.
NEI or JEI for recipes.
ObsidiPlates Mod Review:
ObsidiPlates Mod installing instruction:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge
- Download the mod.
- Head to %appdata%.
- Head to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and put the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- If it does not exist, you can create one.