What is No Op Spawn Protection Mod
No Op Spawn Protection Mod provides you a default spawn protection of 16 blocks. It can be set anywhere in the range of 0 to 10000. The mod works well on both server and client so it must be installed on both.
It would be a big advantage for server owners and modpack developers to use this mod. For example, Colonial Expansion and Exploration packs aren’t supposed to let you place the townhall down for at least 2000 blocks from spawn. This is to ensure that colonies aren’t jamming up the login zone of the server.
Scenario (pack dev):
- You aren’t who placing down anything for x amount of blocks from spawn because you have a mod that spawned something there for instance.
- Problem solved with No Op Spawn Protection Mod. Just set the spawn_protection value to encompass the radius that will ensure the portion of your world at spawn is prestine.
Scenario (server owner):
- You want protection but you don’t want to mess with Sponge.
- You and your friends get on and build a wonderful spawn area with tutorials to explain your server.
- Now you need to protect it. Change the spawn_protection value to reflect the radius from spawn that will cover your new creation.
The mod now allows configuring spawn protection for the 3 main dimensions: Overworld, Nether, and The End.
It also gives you granular control of the following player actions.
- Button pushing and lever flipping (circuits)
- Door, gate, trap door (doors) opening and closing
- Chests, furnace, machines (anything that is a container)
No Op Spawn Protection Mod Review:
No Op Spawn Protection Mod installing instruction:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge
- Download the mod.
- Head to %appdata%.
- Head to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and put the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- If it does not exist, you can create one.