What is Metaworlds Mod
Metaworlds Mod essentially allows you create full Minecraft worlds within the normal worlds which can have arbitrary relative positioning and rotation (yaw) and which can be moved in real time. Therefore, it is a good idea to create zeppelines or flying islands or alike with Metaworlds Mod.
- The metaworlds can have arbitrary positions and orientations relative to the stationary world
- The metaworlds are fully editabel at all time just like the normal world
- Savefiles of the metaworlds are normal world saves in subfolders *1
- All the normal block mechanics should work in the metaworlds as well
*1 For example, you could take the savefiles of the nether from another world and use it to replace a metaworld (and fly around with it).
So how this mod differs with other zeppelin mods: it allows any size of construct as it uses full world logics and loads as chunks. You can move on it while it is in motion. All the block logics still apply to blocks on the subworld at any time.
After installing the mod place a SubWorldCreator block (which can be found in the same creative tab as cobblestone and should be the last block in the list) to create a new metaworld. This may take a few moments to load as it’s a full-featured world being created. To move the metaworld add a SubWorldController block (which can be found in the same creative tab as wood and should be the second last block in the list). The block has a planks texture right now. The SubWorldController Block can be used by right-clicking it and you can release control by pressing [Shift].
Metaworlds sample image
Metaworlds Mod Review:
Metaworlds Mod installing instruction:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge
- Download the mod.
- Head to %appdata%.
- Head to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and put the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- If it does not exist, you can create one.