Download and install Hopper Ducts Mod. It’s pretty simple. Hoppers can’t transport items upwards. This mod adds ducts, which can attach to hoppers and send items in any direction. This mod also now adds Grated Hoppers, which can filter items.
Fortunately, the Hopper Ducts mod works with the latest version of Minecraft, as well as all previous releases, all the way back until the first version to introduce the hopper item. If you’re using the latest version of the game, you’ll also want the latest version of Forge, since this mod was designed specifically to run through that mod manager. Using standard hoppers, ducts and the new grated hoppers, it’s possible to create an infinitely moving chain of items… and doing so could potentially cause your world to crash and refuse to reload. Don’t do this!
What’s the difference between a hopper and a duct?
- 1) Ducts can send items into inventories above them.
- 2) Ducts won’t pull items from inventories above them.
- 3) Ducts only have a single inventory slot.
- 4) Ducts can be pointed in a different direction after placing them by hitting them with a stick. Left-clicking with the stick cycles through all possible directions, right-clicking with it cycles in reverse. You can also shift-left-click with the stick to reverse if you prefer. When in creative mode, however, only right-clicking will be available, as left-click breaks blocks.
- 5) Ducts auto-orient to adjacent ducts or hoppers. Hold the sneak key while placing to disable this behavior.
- 6) Ducts have smaller hitboxes, making it easier to reach blocks behind them.
What’s a Grated Hopper do?
Grated Hoppers contain an extra row of items in their interface. This is the filter inventory. Only items matching this row are allowed into the hopper from a chest, hopper, or duct above it. The Grated Hopper will also only eject these particular items into its destination. Finally, it prevents a hopper beneath it from removing items matching the filter.
Items can still be inserted into the Grated Hopper from the sides and bottom which do not match the filter. This means that you can insert anything into a Grated Hopper, have it eject its matching items into its destination inventory, and then have regular hopper or Grated Hopper beneath it, pulling out the items which don’t match the filter, to be directed elsewhere.
Mod Crafting Recipes:
The Hopper Duct is a block from the Hopper Ducts mod. The Hopper Duct is a variation of the Vanilla Hopper. The key differences are that it can send items to the inventory above it, it only has 1 inventory slot, it will not pull items from the inventory above it, it auto-orients itself to other Hoppers and Ducts, and it can be oriented with a stick. Using a stick on the Hopper Duct will cycle through the possible directions, while hitting it with a stick will do that in reverse. You can tell which direction it is facing by the small grey pipe.
The Grated Hopper is a block from the Hopper Ducts mod. This is a variation of the Vanilla Hopper, only it has a filter inventory. Items that are in the filter inventory (bottom in the GUI) are the only items that pass through it that can reach the final destination. The final destination is the side that appears connected to an inventory, like the Vanilla Hopper. Items that do not match the filter can still be passed into the Grated Hopper. These items must be outputted through the bottom. A hopper below it cannot get items from the Grated Hopper that match the filter inventory.
Hopper Ducts Mod Installation Guide:
- Make sure you have Minecraft Forge API.
- Download Hopper Ducts Mod
- Extract zip file.
- Go to Start menu. Type: %appdata%/.minecraft. Press Enter to Run %appdata%/.minecraft
- Go to minecraft/modsfolder. If Mods folder does not exist, create one. Do not extract the .jar file!
- Put Mod file into the mods folder
- Launch Minecraft using Forge Profile, then Open Menu
Hopper Ducts Mod Download Links:
For Minecraft 1.5.2
For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.6.2
For Minecraft 1.7.2
For Minecraft 1.7.10
For Minecraft 1.8
For Minecraft 1.8.9,1.8.8
For Minecraft 1.9
For Minecraft 1.9.4
For Minecraft 1.10 + 1.10.2
For Minecraft 1.11.2
For Minecraft 1.12
This mod is created by FyberOptic