What is Highlands Mod
Highlands Mod adds a lot of trees, biomes and plants to your world of Minecraft. Let’s look at the number to see how big it is:
- 44 new biomes
- 14 new trees
- A variety of useful small plants
- Singleplayer and Multiplayer
- Highlands and Highlands Large Biomes World Types
- biome-specific ore generation (some biomes have more ores!)
- All trees can be grown with saplings and bonemeal
- 256 block high Mountains
- More realistic biome placement
- Villages in more biomes (now with config file)
- Better oceans and islands
- Tons of options to customize
Some of the biomes in the mod:
High mountains covered in deep snow, with occasional tall pine trees and shrubs. The white-grey sky is always on the brink of a snowstorm.
A mixed forest of pine, birch, and autumn oak trees. With vanilla blocks, this biome becomes a mixed forest with no added colors.
Hilly landscape with exposed stone and dead grass.
Rolling hills and lakes covered in poplar trees.
A brown lowland with dead trees, swamp trees, and cattails.
A tall plateau with shrubs and cobblestone boulders on the ground.
A high range of sandstone mountains. The wind has weathered these mountains so they are not quite as high as Snow Mountains or Rock Mountains.
A desert with nothing but sandy hills and rare oasis with palm trees.
A maze of water, mangrove trees and sand islands.
Floating islands and impossible archways covered in blue-green shrubs and waterfalls, and a deep blue sky. The oceans below have as crazy terrain as above, often reaching down to bedrock.
There are a lot more of them for you to explore!
Highlands Mod Review:
Highlands Mod installing instruction:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge
- Download the mod.
- Head to %appdata%.
- Head to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and put the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- If it does not exist, you can create one.