What is HarDeath Mod
Being invincible for so long and proud of it? That changes to day. HarDeath Mod makes you fear the Death. It does that by making you lose your items when you die.
Upon death, each item has a score. It is designed with this rule.
Every item starts with a specific score.
An item in Peaceful mode starts with 55 points.
An item in Easy mode starts with 50 points..
An item in Normal mode starts with 42.5 points.
An item in Hard mode starts with 35 points.
- If there are more than one item in the stack, the items lose 0.25 * the number of items in the stackpoints.
- If the item is enchanted, it loses 10 points.
- If the item is a tool (Axe, pickaxe, spade) with an efficiency higher or equal the diamond’s efficiency (so diamond and gold if no mod adds a tool), it loses 15 points.
- If the item is a hoe, it loses 7.5 points.
- If the item is a diamond sword, it loses 18.5 points.
- If the item is an armor, it loses between 5.5 and 7.5 points depending on the durability.
So, for example, in peaceful, if you have an enchanted diamond sword, the sword’s score will be 55 – 18.5 – 10 = 26.5 points.
Now truncate this score, you have 26 points. So the sword has one chance out of 26 to be destroyed and lost forever.
So, for each item, it determines the score and randomly destroys it, or not.
Also, if the item is an armor but isn’t destroyed, it has 1 chance out of 10 to lose 15% of its remaining durability.
Some screenshot to depict the mechanism:
For example, you start with 5 items in your inventory like this:
This is a new inventory when you die:
HarDeath Mod Review:
HarDeath Mod installing instruction:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge
- Download the mod.
- Head to %appdata%.
- Head to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and put the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- If it does not exist, you can create one.