What is Green Thumb Mod
Green Thumb Mod aims to overhaul nature in Minecraft in various aspects. To be specific, it adds many new features ranging from flowers to dungeons. Let’s take a glance through some of the most prominent features that included in the mod for now.
- Crushed mushrooms: The first set of items added in the mod. They are collected from crafting mushrooms in a specific way in the crafting table. They allow for the crafting of mycelium, among other things.
- Chainmail: The second set of items. It is a section of tightly woven metal rings, creating a non-permeable armor layer. They can be crafted into the previously unobtainable Chain Armor set. Iron nuggets, another item added, are used solely to create chainmail.
- Tar: Used as a substitute for slimeballs in all recipes, and can be used to “seal” wooden planks. This makes the planks resistant to fire.
- Wolf fur: Dropped from wolf. Currently, it is used to craft leather armor. It will have its own armor set in the next update, however.
- Blank Disc/Sheet Music: Make music disc craft-able. Different variants of sheet music can be crafted to specify which music disc you are crafting.
- Mudballs: Drop from mud, which generates randomly underground. Mudballs can be smelted into an Adobe Brick, which then can be crafted into different types of Adobe Bricks.
- Three new dyes are added to the game. They are Tan Dye, Pale Dye, and Chamoisee Dye. They are all tan-ish in color, and cannot be used to dye sheep. They can only be used to craft dyed wool. Useful for pixel art.
And so so much more including blocks… Go and find out yourself!
Green Thumb Mod Review:
Green Thumb Mod installing instruction:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge
- Download the mod.
- Head to %appdata%.
- Head to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and put the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- If it does not exist, you can create one.