What is Gadgets n’ Goodies Mod
Gadgets n’ Goodies Mod adds dozen of new items and features that makes your life in Minecraft more easier and more convenient. Up to now, the mod features these items/features:
- Fireball Dispenser: Basically a rocket launcher that shoots fireballs (the same type as ghasts), using Fire Charges as ammo. The strength of the fireballs can be changed by Shift-Right-clicking, but keep in mind that the Fireball Dispenser looses durability according to the formula (Strength * 3 + 1), so at strength 0 it looses 1 durability per shot, at strength 1 it looses 4 etc. The maximum strength is 3, the minimum is 0, where it causes no block damage but can harm entities.
- Musical Instrument: As the crafting recipe would suggest (for crafting recipes, see ‘Images’), this is basically a note block on a stick. You can get different notes depending on your rotation on the X-axis (if your head looks up or down), and it can, just like regular note blocks, play in two octaves. The lower you look, the lower the note and vice versa.
- Egg Dispenser: This is basically an egg item – you right click and it shoots an egg. The only difference is that this shoots 20 eggs per second rather than 4. That’s five times as fast. Also, it makes a funny sound. And you don’t need to switch stack every 16th egg. Great.
- Grappling Hook: This is exactly what it sounds like (except if you’ve only heard the term ‘hook shot’, it’s the same thing); you shoot a block, and start flying towards it! No, this isn’t like those lame mods where the “grappling hooks” are basically Ender Pearls; this is a real Grappling Hook that obeys the laws of physics and make sure you do too. Also, the Grappling Hook has a 32 block range, but that shouldn’t be too big of a problem because gravity doesn’t let it go much further anyways.
- Block-o-Copter: An item that sends blocks flying up in the air, and can launch entities as well. Right-click on the block or entity you want to see flying and they will be doing exactly that. For obvious reasons, this doesn’t work on Bedrock. Also, Obsidian only flies half as high because it’s so heavy. Now, don’t go thinking you can use this to mine stuff like you mine sand by putting a torch under (’cause yes, it turns blocks into Falling Sand Entities), because these Falling Sand Entities won’t drop anything if they break. On a side note, if you use this on TNT’s, they will explode in mid air, becoming a pretty little firework show.
Along with Jetpack, Flame Thrower, Portable TNT Cannon, Hang Glider, Water Gun, Mine-o-Saur, Diving Suit, Freeze Ray, Remote Control and Spring Boots.
Portable TNT Canon
Mine-o-Saur Skull Half
Mine-o-Saur Arm Pair
Mine-o-Saur Leg Pair
Gadgets n’ Goodies Mod Review:
Gadgets n’ Goodies Mod installing instruction:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge
- Download the mod.
- Head to %appdata%.
- Head to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and put the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- If it does not exist, you can create one.