What is Fex’s Vehicle and Transportation Mod
Fex’s Vehicle and Transportation Mod brings everything you need to support your vehicles in Minecraft. The mod is in alpha stage which means there are a lot to come and the features listed in this article are not everything.
Main features (for creators):
- make new content with the minimal simplicity level of a Minecraft Resourcepack
(in fact it partially is loaded into the game as Resourcepack)
- various model types accepted: Java (TMT).
- JTMT is a custom Json model format which allows for use of Shapeboxes and similar like in Java-TMT models, but doesn’t need compiling since it’s a json model.
- advanced part-based system to customize vehicles as far as possible, parts in fact can change some of the vehicle’s behaviour
- API – Want to register hardcoded vehicles, parts, materials or fuels? No problem! Just make use of the API, and register the stuff in the right Forge Registry Event (that’s a 1.12+ forge feature)
- Hybrid Addons, you can both have an addon partially made from pure json, but aswel put into some java code to make it even fancier, in fact, the required base addon is an Hybrid addon.
- possibility to repaint vehicles into all RGB colours
- scripts – which give you access to the most important events in the vehicle, and since they are in java, you can directly access anything else in Minecraft which you may need, additionally with inbuilt methods for simple server-client synchronisation
- <watch the videos>
and more to come…
Fex’s Vehicle and Transportation Mod Review:
Fex’s Vehicle and Transportation Mod installing instruction:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge
- Download the mod.
- Head to %appdata%.
- Head to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and put the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- If it does not exist, you can create one.