What is Ex Nihilo NEI Add-on
Ex Nihilo NEI Add-on is an add-on for Ex Nihilo (by Erasmus Crowley) that offers NEI integration for hammering, sieving, and composting. It displays the weird of collecting items from breaking blocks with Ex Nihilo hammers or running them through Ex Nihilo sieves. The mod also shows you the number of items required for composting in Ex Nihilo barrels.
Odds & Probabilites:
When hammering or sieving, there are three possible outcomes:
- You receive exactly one reward. For example, hammering sand into dust. This is the boring case, and no extra information is displayed.
- You receive multiples of the same reward. For example, sieving dirt into stone. In this case, NEI cycles through all possible outcomes and show the probability of receiving exactly that many rewards. Additionally, when mousing over the reward, a tooltip displays the mean/average number of rewards.
- You have a chance of receiving one reward. For example, siving gravel for coal. In this case, NEI shows the odds against you receiving that reward. In the case of gravel for coal the odds are 7:1 against, meaning (on average) for every 7 times you don’t receive coal, on the 8th go, you will.
Cases 2 and 3 above are not mutually exclusive. For example, when sieving dirt you will always receive some number of stones (case 2) and have a chance of receiving grass seeds (case 3) (amongst other rewards).
Ex Nihilo NEI Add-on Review:
Ex Nihilo NEI Add-on installing instruction:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge
- Download the mod.
- Head to %appdata%.
- Head to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and put the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- If it does not exist, you can create one.