What is Custom Interaction Sounds Mod
Custom Interaction Sounds Mod allows you to play your own custom sounds when you are doing your tasks in Minecraft by with the use of your left and right mouse. These sounds later on will be played to everyone when both server and clients have the mod installed.
Holding the ‘R’ key while clicking brings up the menu to assign either an existing sound or a new sound from your file system to the current interaction.
The ‘L’ key displays a list of your interactions and their assigned sounds.
- Sounds are loaded and saved to ‘~Minecraft~Install~Folder~/sounds/Custom Interaction Sounds/’ which is also where the interaction->sound mappings file is located(CustomInteractionSounds.json).
- Adding a sound in the game will save it within a folder named by your Minecraft account name.
- Any sound directly within ‘/sounds/’ or a sub directory will be loaded.
- The format of sounds can be mp3, wav or ogg.
- Any sound used by someone on the server is available for everyone else to use.
The config file for the client has the option to mute the default sounds normally played when you left or right click a block and also has the option to mute the custom sounds of other players in multiplayer.
The config file for the server allows you to specify the length of sounds that can be played on the server. In addition, there is also an option to make all players to play the same sounds for the same action. This is done by merging the ‘sounds’ folder from a client into the ‘sounds’ folder of the server. The server will then be able to load the copied over mappings file and all the required sounds.
Mappings List GUI
Custom Interaction Sounds Mod Review:
Custom Interaction Sounds Mod installing instruction:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge
- Download the mod.
- Head to %appdata%.
- Head to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and put the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- If it does not exist, you can create one.