What is Blocked Layers Mod
Blocked Layers Mod allows you to add simple quests, hence help players dig deeper.
A file quests.json will be created in config/BlockedLayers.
You can only break blocks under a layer when you complete all quests on this layer.
- name: anything you wish, but unique
- activity: eat, break, kill, harvest, loot, own, consume, xp, find, craft
- object: the thing you want to eat, craft, kill, …
- modID: with vanilla blocks and items it is minecraft
- text: a text that describes the quest
- layer: any layer you wish (1-255)
- meta: usually 0, necessary with blocks, items and skeleton (normal and wither), -1 for any meta
- number: max. 2147483647
- eat: self-explaining
- break: break blocks
- kill: self-explaining
- harvest: similiar to break, counts the drops of a block
- loot: similiar to kill, counts the drops of an entity
- own: have the items in your inventory
- consume: similiar to own, but the items disappear
- xp: pick up the amount of xp
- find: find a biom
- craft: craft or smelt items
It is possible to team up with other players (You can disable teams in the config.). Members of a team share their successes.
To join a team use the command /bl team <player> <team>.
“/bl team Notch Masters”
There is a command to reset progress.
/bl reset quest|layer <player> <layer|quest>
“/bl reset quest Dinnerbone deathOfChicken”,
“/bl reset layer Dinnerbone 32”
If you reset a layer, all quest on the layer will be reset too.
In the config you can enable the reward feature.
There is the file config/BlockedLayers/rewards.json.
You could add items like “modID:itemID:meta:number” or “oreDictionaryName:number”
By reaching a new layer you get the items.
If you want to have a look on your progress, you can open a clipboard with a hotkey (default: L).
- don’t take items from crafting table or furnace with shift. It won’t count correctly.
- you can use the dump function of NEI to see the correct modID and itemID.
Blocked Layers Mod Review:
Blocked Layers Mod installing instruction:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge
- Download the mod.
- Head to %appdata%.
- Head to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and put the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- If it does not exist, you can create one.