What is Better Vanilla Mod
Better Vanilla Mod aims to make vanilla gameplay a more interesting one by changing existing mechanics and expanding upon existing content. The purpose of the mod is to enhance vanilla features and try to limit the outside resources from mods as much as possible. Let’s see what we have now in the mod.
- More armor: Adds crafting recipes for Oak Armor, Spruce Armor, Jungle Armor, Birch Armor, Dark Oak Armor, Acacia Armor, Pumpkin Armor, Melon Armor, and Cactus Armor;
- Colored beds: Introduces a range of craftable, colored beds to the game;
- Pluckable chickens: Allows players to pluck chickens by using shears;
- Dispenser overhaul: Makes dispensers place blocks, plant seeds, and use hoes and shears instead of dropping them as items;
- Craftable horse armor: Makes horse armor craftable by players;
- Bonemeal tweak: Allows bonemeal to be used on cacti, sugar canes, and nether warts;
- Rotten Flesh to Leather: Adds two mutually exclusive ways of converting Rotten Flesh to Leather, configurable by the player;
- Cauldron tweaks: Allows players to wash away the dye from dyed wool and clay using a cauldron, allows players to place lava and milk in cauldrons, and allows players to empty full cauldrons with buckets.
And many other features that you will find in the mod yourself. Go ahead and enjoy!
From left to right: Acacia, Birch, Dark Oak, Jungle, Oak, Spruce, Cactus, Melon, and Pumpkin.
Cauldrons holding Lava
From left to right: Milk Bottles, Lava Bottles, and Potions of Ender.
Milk Bottles and Lava Bottles are obtained by using empty bottles on cauldrons filled with milk and lava, respectively. Potions of Ender are brewed using Awkward Potions and Ender Pearls. The splash versions of all mod potions can be brewed similar to vanilla potions, using gunpowder.
Iron Horse Armor
Golden Horse Armor
Diamond Horse Armor
Mossy Stone Brick
Cracked Stone Brick
Chiseled Stone Brick
Better Vanilla Mod Review:
Better Vanilla Mod installing instruction:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge
- Download the mod.
- Head to %appdata%.
- Head to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and put the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- If it does not exist, you can create one.