What is Better Slabs Mod
Better Slabs Mod allows you to make slabs from any block that is in the game.
In addition of that, more functionalities are also added to them:
- slabs can be placed vertically, ‘on axis’ and on slopes
- slabs from directional blocks (logs, hay bales, etc.) can be placed accordingly
Blocks like furnaces do not have their slab variants
Special functions (like grass spreading) also apply to slabs.
In order to make slabs from this mod, you will have to craft them in the following shape:
S S S Imagine this as a crafting grid.
OOO -> ‘S’represents a full block (ie. bricks)
OOO O represents empty space, meaning
putting full blocks in another row will result in vanilla slabs.
Placement mode & Axis mode:
The mod implements ‘placement modes’. They basically tell Minecraft how to place slabs (horizontally, vertically, ‘on-axis’ (aka in-the-middle) or sloped). The current placement mode is displayed in the top-left corner of the screen if a slab from this mod is in your hands. To cycle through them use F9 (to cycle backward) and F10 (to cycle forwards).
Types of placement modes:
- Vanilla: slab placement is equal to original slabs
- Vertical: slabs are placed vertically on the side of the block at which you are looking at
- Faced: slabs stick to the face of the block you are looking at
- Slope: slabs are placed on a 45-degree angle (useful for diagonal builds)
- Rotational: slabs are placed vertically pointing according to your facing
- Fill: if the slab you’re holding matches the slab you’re looking at, placing the slab in your hands will turn the slab into a full block.
Better Slabs Mod Review:
Better Slabs Mod installing instruction:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge
- Download the mod.
- Head to %appdata%.
- Head to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and put the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- If it does not exist, you can create one.