What is Better Records Mod
Everyone love to share their favorite songs to friends and people! And what’s more great is that we all have the same sense of music, our favorite kind, genre, and playlist. Music connects people. So why not having your music listened in Minecraft? Let’s do that with Better Records Mod.
Better Records Mod allows you to download your favorite songs from the internet directly into your game, and let it played to all of your friends. And of course, no need to exit the game. Just craft a record etcher and input the URL to the song, and it’ll download automatically when you play it!
Currently, there is a default of 10mb download limit on songs. If your file is too big, convert it to ogg if it isn’t already.
Converting Songs Currently, about 80% of mp3 files play correctly. You can use this site to convert your songs! (Recommend using ogg format) If the song you want is on youtube, you can use this site to convert the song to mp3, then use the link provided above to convert it to ogg.
Hint: Shift+Right click the record player or radio to open it.
Using the Frequency Tuner Pandora uses different methods to supply music, thus, it is impossible to use it in the radio. You can find many shoutcast stream urls here: http://www.xatworld.com/radio-search/ For more experienced users: tunein.com
- Navigate to a radio station on tunein.com
- Right Click -> View Page Source
- Ctrl + F or search for: “StreamUrl”
- Navigate to the URL diractly to the right of that.
- The resulting page should be a short string of text.
- Copy the URL to the right of “Url”
- Paste that URL into the frequency tuner!
Better Records Mod Review:
Better Records Mod installing instruction:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge
- Download the mod.
- Head to %appdata%.
- Head to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and put the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- If it does not exist, you can create one.
Credit: Stumblinbear, AngrySoundTech