What is Armor Tweaker Mod
Armor Tweaker Mod allows you to change armor stats (nerf or buff some). There are perhaps one or several Minecraft mods that give the ability to change armor properties already but you should try this mod anyway as it’s more flexible and it uses MineTweaker/CraftTweaker .zs scripts also.
What you can do with this mod:
Change armor stats (this changes will only apply to the certain item, not to the whole material and it’s armor):
- Armor material (this will also replace armor stats to match material properties)
- Defense amount (how many ‘shields’ gives you this armor)
Change material stats:
- Texture name (this will change the visual appearance, so you can make your iron armor look like golden)
- Max damage factor (this modifier affects durability of the armor)
- Defense amount for every armor part (feet, legs, chest, head)
- Repair material (you can specify which item will be used to repair armor)
- Add custom armor materials (so, for example, you can have iron boots with one enchantability and iron chest plate with another while still looking like iron armor)
- If you’ll assign “minecraft:leather” texture name to any material that is not leather, items will look like leather armor that was dyed white. This is not a bug, but a result of Minecraft code.
- Leather armor that will have material that is different from “leather” can’t be dyed. Same reason as above.
- If you’ll assign “leather” material to any armor (and keep texture name “minecraft:leather”), this armor will look like leather armor and can be dyed.
- Currently you can replace repair material for all armor, but can’t remove default repair material for vanilla armor. So if you want to prevent your players from fixing diamond armor with diamonds, just set repair material to the nether star or something really rare.
Armor Tweaker Mod Review:
Armor Tweaker Mod installing instruction:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge
- Download the mod.
- Head to %appdata%.
- Head to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and put the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- If it does not exist, you can create one.